Friends, I’m home! Back from Hawaii, the land of sand, sun, and beautiful things. The last two weeks were filled with rest and relaxation, lots of good food, and a drink or ten (per day, of course). I came home with a happy heart, a rested mind, and many many freckles (oh, and amazing coffee and macadamia nuts, too!). If you’ve never been to Hawaii, I highly recommend that you get your arse there as soon as humanely possible. I spent my time in Maui and it was absolutely fantastic. The condo we stayed at was a hop, skip, and a jump from the beach, plus we had access to a beautiful pool. We rented a car, but were able to walk quite a bit too. And the weather? Amaze balls. I can’t wait to go back!
I am getting back in the kitchen this week to bring you some new recipes, including an attempt at recreating one of the most incredible desserts that I enjoyed while on vacation. In the meantime, here is another edition of weekend favorites!
- My trip to Maui led me to develop a serious infatuation with fish tacos. Like, mega. If you’re ever in Maui, be sure to visit Fred’s Mexican Café and Coconuts Fish Café, both located on South Kihei Road. If you happen to have a bombshell recipe for fish tacos, please send it my way and I will love you forever!
- Can openers hate me. Seriously. Rarely am I able to cut around the circumference of a can on the first try. And sometimes not even on the second or third. It’s annoying. Perhaps I should try this method. It just might be faster for me.
- Aloneness is not loneliness. At least, not always. Being a single gal myself, I like this. I like it a lot. Being single has its perks!
- This recipe makes me excited for rhubarb season.
- Loving this portrait series by Rebekka. So much love in these photos!
- 10 Second Rant Alert. What is the deal with hash tags? I mean, I know what they’re for. I even use one or two from time to time. But there seems to be an epidemic of hash tag overload. I understand posting a picture of a sunset and using the hash tag sunset or beautiful. But what the heck does friends or ice cream or monkeys or shoes have to do with a sunset?! Seriously peeps, tone it down a notch.
- I went snorkeling while on vacation. We visited a place called Turtle Town. We saw a sea turtle. Which led to approximately 137 reenactments of this video. It just never got old.
- So apparently one is supposed to “detox” after a vacation filled with copious amounts of food and alcohol. Detoxes be damned! I want these, these, this, and this, in that order. Cookies for appetizers…yes!
Hope you’re having the loveliest of weekends. xo